I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Unexpected Runner. It is a way to support bloggers with a focus on those with 200 followers or less. I am so happy she nominated me for this award! What a great way to help out our blogging community!
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award.
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
- You must go to your nominees blogs and notify them.
Ready for my Q&A?
1. Road, trail, or mud? Trail run, any day!! I love the scenery and being in the nature!
2. What is your preferred distance? 8 to 10 miles! During my half marathon training, I felt like these were my best runs! Mentally and physically!
3. What is your “dream” race? Rocky Mountain Half Marathon!!!
4. What fitness app do you use the most? Runkeeper if my Nike+ GPS watch is not complying (which happens a lot).
5. What do you do for cross training? Right now, I try to get in 2-3 days of body weight training (simple rounds of push ups, leg lifts, squats, etc) and 2-3 days of running. With summer here, I will likely only get 2 days of running. Hoping to get a spin bike or access to a gym so I can do some more cross training!
6. What is your funniest running or race story? Ummm, lets just say they all involve falling or almost falling! Oh and some ice skating in Southeast Texas! Not often we get ice here and when we did, I decided to test out the bridge covered in it! Needless to say, my pace was pretty fast as I skated across! 😉
7. If you have one, who is your favorite running partner? If you don’t have one, what celebrity would you most like to join you on a run? My amazing friend Veronica!!! She was crazy enough to train for a half marathon with me!! I wouldn’t have made it through training without her!
8. How many pairs of exercise-related shoes do you own? Only 2 that are worn weekly I have 3 other pair of running shoes that have been retired sitting in my closet!
9. What is your favorite snack? Fresh fruit! or some cheeeeeessssee!! =D
10. What is one thing that you can do today that you never thought you would be able to accomplish? RUN! I was a swimmer for 12 years and never enjoyed running. After having my son, I had to do something. After 2 failed attempts at running, in October of 2012 I started C25K for the 3rd time and stuck with it. No excuses. I ran my first 5K that December and finally fell in love with running!
Okay, here are my nominees. A few of these are blogs with a huge following already but they are blogs that I love and could not pass up the opportunity to share their amazing pages!
- Happy Healthy Mama
- Paleo Running Mom
- Woman Helping Women
- Real Fit Real Food Mom
- Will Run for Pizza
- Ashley Right Now
- Planks Love and Guacamole
- The Running Fire Wife
- Runner Gal 22
- Fit Foodie Runs
And my questions (repeating a few of the same since they are such great questions!):
1. Road, trail or treadmill?
2. What is your preferred distance?
3. What is your “dream” race?
4. What shoes are you currently running in?
5. What do you do for cross training?
6. What is your funniest running or race story?
7. What is your favorite weather (50 degrees and sunny, rainy, etc) to run in?
8. What is your favorite “cheat” meal or snack?
9. What is your go-to pre-long run meal?
10. What or who motivates you to run?